• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I create a "master FTP account" to view EVERYTHING ?

supra2800@

Basic Pleskian
As admin for our server running Plesk, I would like to have a MASTER FTP ACCOUNT, which allows me to have access to EVERY folder within the /vhosts/ folder (or wherever all the domains are hosted), so that I wont have to use a tons of different logons and passwords depending on which domain I wish to access trough FTP.

How can this be accomplished?

Thanks.

Originally posted by squorpeeon
just create an ftp account for yourself using iisadmin and point it to the vhosts directory

Thanks for your reply!

Do you think you could supply me with a screenshot of where I should go?

I see 2 sites under "FTP sites" in IIS admin, one called "default" and other is called by the IP address of my server, which has port 21 etc.

But I dont know where to go to create an ftp account?

If I try to login using "administrator" as username, it just says that homedir unavailable, even though I check that homedir is setup correct etc.

I do not wish to sound mean here but , I suggest you do a Google search on setting up ftp accounts on IIS and while you are at it look up some basic IIS administration. I assume you are going to host web sites with this machine? If you are, you need to take the time to learn how to do it without a control panel. You really need to know whats going on under those pretty icons when you click those buttons, else you will fail when the support demon comes a nockin' at your door.

Luckily Im not the one who opens the door for the support demon :D

I was just told by our hosting company, that making changes directly to windows, without going trough plesk, can cause some bad things to happen. So I dont expect me to do alot of things outside plesk.

Except for figurering out how to create this FTP account :)

Back