• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Create a (temporary) user for suppliers and support to login to a subscription?

LionKing

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu Linux
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi guys.
I been searching for a way to create a account for 3rd party suppliers and/or support teams to be able to login to a subscription but the closest i could find was this:

1673724962427.png

But that doesn't allow them to actually login and have full access which is sort of the point when you need help from a company we have some kind of webapp product running on our system.

So is there a way to do this?
it feels quite overkill to be forced to create admin account for them. You want them to have full access on that subsection/domain level so they can fix any issues with the database/databases or code running on that website of course.

Thanks in advance.

it feels quite overkill to be forced to create admin account for them. You want them to have full access on that subsection/domain level so they can fix any issues with the database/databases or code running on that website of course.
What is the difference between "full access" and an "admin" account? Only the admin account has full access. What other type of account do you suggest that should be added?

I mean... the article you've linked explains it pretty well. If you want you could also technically login as the customer (going to the subscriptions or customer view and choosing to "Log in as the customer," go to the Users tab, and you can create users there. You can even make your own roles with specific access.

What is the difference between "full access" and an "admin" account
An admin account has access to the whole server and can control all aspects of that server while what i am referring to is just limited a certain area of the server e.g. one web hotel or "subscription" to use the Plesk terminology.

Is the article that talks about additional users from the admin portal itself so you don't need to login as the customer.
Well we in our case we have a supplier (WP plugin developer), that needs to have access to edit the database and restore the plugin data etc. That is not possible with that limited user as I read it. They cannot login on the UI either.

Do please correct me if I am incorrect about this.

Thanks

Btw. It would be nice if there was like for example a "Manager", "Site manager", "3rd party", "database manager" role in Plesk or if you could customize your own user roles by the way.
Wishful thinking I suppose.;)

I mean.. we cannot be the only company in the world that sometimes need to let a 3rd party like a supplier to have a temporary access to some parts of the system, right?

Its sort of surprising there isn´t any granular user roles in the system. Also not all employees should have full access, so in that part it would also be nice if you could have limited that so only certain employees have role XYZ...

While Plesk is built mainly for hosting, I get that.... There must be thousands of other companies like us that use Plesk or C-panel for internal management and to partition up a large servers into various functions so I have hard time to believe that there isn´t larger need for this I'm talking about.

Anyway, my point here isn´t to make a rant, but more like positive feedback. Plesk seems like a nice system, but like all systems of course; there is minuses and plusses with it.

I mean, you could always create a new custom role and give it the Upload and manage files role (alternative to this would be to just create the developer a FTP account) and the Create and manage databases role, that should be the best level of access that the developer would need.

I mean, you could always create a new custom role and give it the Upload and manage files role (alternative to this would be to just create the developer a FTP account) and the Create and manage databases role
Thanks again @scsa20.
I'll take a look at again and see if i can set that up and make some tests.

Back