• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

How do I create (I think they're called) Add-on domains?

M

marcamos

Guest
Here's my scenario:

I have the following domain names and individual hosting accounts for each one of them (all on Plesk 8.3, on a MediaTemple server):

www.website1.com
www.website2.com
www.website3.com

Again, each of them is hosted in a unique hosting account.

Now, my goal is to use only one hosting account and create directories, like so:

www.website1.com/website2/
www.website1.com/website3/

Inside of the website2 directory will be the entire contents of website 2, same thing for the website 3 directory.

Next, when someone types into their browser's address bar either of the www.website2.com or www.website3.com domain names (which I will continue to own and pay for), I'd like them to be brought to the appropriate directory on the www.website1.com hosting account, so:

www.website2.com brings people to www.website1.com/website2/
and
www.website3.com brings people to www.website1.com/website3/

Finally, I don't want the URL in the address bar to reveal that they're actually in a directory of another domain name.

Can this be setup in Plesk? I poked around, but only found Domain Aliases.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
 
Plesk can not handle the situation, this is to be done via custom vhosts.conf. not sure about hiding the URL, most likely it will work, but the document root will be made like this:
open website3.com/vhosts.conf and set DocumentRoot:

<VirtualHost IP:80>
ServerName website3:80
ServerAlias www.website3.ru
UseCanonicalName Off
DocumentRoot /var/www/vhosts/website1.com/httpdocs/website3
CustomLog /var/www/vhosts//website1.com/httpdocs/website3/statistics/logs/access_log plesklog
ErrorLog /var/www/vhosts//website1.com/httpdocs/website3/statistics/logs/error_log

do not forget to enable php,cgi and other stuff.
<IfModule mod_php5.c>
blahablhablha
 
Use PHP to include different pages based on the host name is probably the easiest way.
 
Back
Top