• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I find out DB provider plesk is using?

Ryan11433

Regular Pleskian
How do I find out DB provider plesk is using? because I plan switching to mysql since inetinfo.exe always lock up at 100% each time plesk's function is used in the control panel.

Also how do I find out the admin password for mysql even jet provider? it is different than control panel password.

thank you my bad it was already set on mysql

I need to know why anytime plesk feature (such like when you edit IIS using hosting setup) is called and inetinfo.exe locks up at 100% cpu usage

plesk is 9.5.2 on windows 2008 64 bit edition

inetinfo.exe is used primarily for debugging Microsoft Windows Server Internet Information Services. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

Any malware can be named anything - so you should check where the files of the running processes are located on your disk. If a "non-Microsoft" .exe file is located in the C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32 folder, then there is a high risk for a virus, spyware, trojan or worm infection.

If your system is clean then high inetinfo.exe activity can be caused by IIS misconfiguration or probably some of your domains are overloaded by requests. Unfortunately Plesk can not control CPU load and level of IIS processes activity.
So this question is related to Microsoft products not the Plesk.

Please contact Microsoft in order to get more information.

There are no viruses or malware on my system.

I investigation this before few months ago. There is no need to contact Microsoft because Plesk is the one that starts this.

It was caused by Mod Rewrite by Micronovae by updating it but update failed and this happened few months ago there is something in the IIS settings somewhere that I couldn't find so I no longer use it and now use mod rewrite by Microsoft since they make it now.

Everytime IIS 7 function was called (such like editing the hosting setup or accessing IIS pool in Plesk Control Panel) inetinfo.exe locks up so before I edit another Plesk settings I need to run c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\APPCMD delete site "SITE_0586" so it don't happen again until IIS is accessed by Plesk.

Do you have any idea? Do I need to pay you other 75 to get this fixed?

Last edited:
There are no viruses or malware on my system.
Everytime IIS 7 function was called (such like editing the hosting setup or accessing IIS pool in Plesk Control Panel) inetinfo.exe locks up so before I edit another Plesk settings I need to run c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\APPCMD delete site "SITE_0586" so it don't happen again until IIS is accessed by Plesk.

I just need to apply the fix at http://forum.parallels.com/showpost.php?p=413302&postcount=56 and it fixes the problem. :)

inetinfo.exe is used primarily for debugging Microsoft Windows Server Internet Information Services. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

Any malware can be named anything - so you should check where the files of the running processes are located on your disk. If a "non-Microsoft" .exe file is located in the C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32 folder, then there is a high risk for a virus, spyware, trojan or worm infection.

If your system is clean then high inetinfo.exe activity can be caused by IIS misconfiguration or probably some of your domains are overloaded by requests. Unfortunately Plesk can not control CPU load and level of IIS processes activity.
So this question is related to Microsoft products not the Plesk.

Please contact Microsoft in order to get more information.

wrong it was caused by a dead site in applicationHost.config at C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config

Back