• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

HOW DO I: Install a PLESK 7.5.4 backup into PLESK 9.0?

DRYALLS

Basic Pleskian
I am moving from an old server to a new. The old one is running PLESK 7.5.4, the new one is running PLESK 9.0.

How do I make a full PLESK 7.5.4 backup [accounts, domains, files, databases, crontabs, mailboxes, etc etc] and reinstall it on PLESK 9.0?

EDIT: To avoid the moderation queues. Why are there moderation queues anyway?

You can close this.

a) I tried it, while I waited for my question to appear by RTBM and KnowledgeBase.
It didn't work, so I've posted about my problems in the Backup and Migration Forum
b) It looks as though you CANNOT upgrade because:

i) the migration software doesn't exist
ii) the KnowledgeBase articles that decsribe the process produce files that pleskrestore won't accept
iiI) The Backup/Restore CLI Manual is out of date and the software seems to have options/arguments that are undocumented

Have I made mistake going with 9.0.1? Would I better off going with 8.6? Or does migrating to that from 7.5.4 also have similar problems?

Last edited:
You can close this.

a) I tried it and posted about my problems in the Backup and Migration Forum
b) It looks as though you CANNOT upgrade because:

i) the migration software doesn't exist
ii) the KnowledgeBase articles that decsribe this produce files that pleskrestore won't accept
iiI) The Backup/Restore CLI Manual is out of date and the software seems to have options/arguments that are undocumented

Have I made mistake going with 9.0.1? Would I better off going with 8.6? Or does migrating to that from 7.5.4 also have similar problems?

Back