• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How Do I install CSF on Plesk ?

AndrewN

Basic Pleskian
I want to install CSF on Plesk, Is it possible to do ? or is there any plugin to configure and secure the firewall ??

Any reason this is in plesk for windows forum ? Should be in linux :) Its going to create confusion.

CSF and Juggernaut does not work on Windows Servers.

@IgorG If jugga can make it why you can't have this such core functionality? I can't believe you guys are not listening to your users! This has been an active request for over 6+ years!

@quantim Only 60 votes in 6 years? It seems to me that this shows a deficient demand for this feature. Besides, the functionality has already been implemented in the mentioned extension.

@IgorG, to say it shows a "deficient demand" purely by 60 votes in 6 years I believe does a disservice. I think people are looking ate Jugernaut and taking that route BECAUSE of the lack of implementation and not bothering with pushing this.

cPanel has had a CSF integration for as long as I can remember and yet Plesk doesn't. That is actually startling to me. I either have to pay for an Extension or edit configs via SSH. I personally don't mind editing configs via SSH but there should be a web gui for this that doesn't require the SysAdmin (or their superiors) to spend more money when a competitor has that capability.

@IgorG we are not willing to pay for a free software ported into an extension and it's pricing structure is on per domain basis which is ridiculous in IMHO. We are paying to Plesk for multiple servers and we are expecting a decent security from control without paying any more extra.

I think that ConfigServer is the company that created the plugin for cPanel not cPanel themselves.
I recently noticed ConfigServer created interface for DirectAdmin not Plesk though. Maybe you should ask them for integration guys. Maybe Sarah on the forum over there can help with reason as to why. Maybe its not easy to implement as we may think.

Secondly as a system administrator myself I think using CSF via the command line and editing the confg files is easy aswell so shouldnt be such a big issue?
I contribute knowledge on their forums in the CXS and CSF sections alot so do many others and implementing those things are actually just copy and paste.

Also Bitninja and Imunify360 are far better options if you can afford the protection and since December last year looking at the type of hacks and bots causing trouble its something no host should even consider. We use Bitninja and will never look back.

Back