• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

how do i install Frontpage Support

Q

Quorumtechnical

Hello, can anyone tell me how to install frontpage server support on Plesk 9.2.1?
My Unix knowledge is very limited. We bought the box from our ISP. They dont have any plesk knowledge so did the basic install and i have to take it from there. Thanks.

I think we all get by now that FP is EOL. Most of us know that on Linux one can install FP using frontpage-5.0-72psa.centos4.2.i586.rpm. Does this apply to Plesk 9.2 for Linux?

That is also a x86 RPM.

Is there an RPM that someone can provide a link to for x86_64 for Plesk 9.2 for Linux? MANY customers still use FP now matter what we tell them and we're not going to thow money away. cPanel and the others still install FP.

This question remains unanswered. Every other hosting platform we have looked at still allows mod_frontpage to be installed but not Plesk? cPanel. DirectAdmin, etc., etc. It seems to me that you could at least answer the question and provide some direction. Even the Plesk CP still shows FrontPage but as a component not installed. Customers still ask for FrontPage. Existing customers cannot simply be told, "Sorry. We upgraded to Plesk 9.3 with all of the latest and greatest -- but we cannot support FrontPage and you'll have to go somewhere else for hosting."

That would be a silly thing to say because they CAN go to many places and get FrontPage.

Microsoft says that you cannot distribute it. Odd, the other companies do but we'll leave that aside.

How can I take the Centos 4.2 RPM and rebuild it for 64-bit?

Back