• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I install the new autoinstaller/updater?

A

aguyfromhere

Ok, I got the same error message most of us are getting in reguards to updating plesk 8.3 further than the base install update. I downloaded the latest version of the installer as is recommended by SWSOFT for 8.3 for my FedoraCore 6 server and now I need to know exactly how to install the new autoinstaller file in the sbin directory.

Thanks!

You don't need to install it, you just need to run it. It will also install an updated autoinstaller.

You can also follow the steps from http://kb.swsoft.com/en/3543 to replace the broken autoinstaller if you don't like running the autoinstaller from the command line. Afterwards you should be able to use the Plesk Updater GUI again.

Hi guys,

I've carried out the instructions as detailed in that KB article and now I have the following error when attempting to update:

Error: Installation could not be started: Unable to install packages because of package dependency problems.
Not all packages were installed.

We're using Ubuntu 6.06 and I download the relevant updater from the server (this one here I believe).

The same error occurs when I attempt to run the installer via an SSH client.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Peter O

We don't run Ubuntu, but have you checked the logs? I believe they should be in /tmp somewhere.

We don't run Ubuntu, but have you checked the logs? I believe they should be in /tmp somewhere.

I've got the full AutoUpdate report. Since I'm not really a Linux buff I'm not quite sure how to interpret them

Back