• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

How do I limit bandwidth?

K

kindian

Guest
Is there a way of limit the bandwidth to a certain IP?
I want to host some videos but dont want users to eat the bandwidth all at once. I want to limit the video download to something like 20Kbs/user. Is it possible?
 
The current version of Plesk has Apache 2.0x installed, so many of the former bandwidth add-ons (such as mod_bw and mod_throttle) no longer work.

The only other one I have found is bw_mod, see this thread for more info:

https://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?threadid=24854&highlight=modbandwidth

[Edited]
Note: I actually did install it on RH9/Plesk 7.5.3 with absolutely no errors (back in Feb 2005 and again just tonight to test again), Apache still functions properly, have not tried testing it's limiting abilities, but in any case it did *not* break anything Plesk or non-Plesk related. :D
 
Back
Top