• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I make different versions of Joomla available?

rmcs

New Pleskian
In past versions of Plesk, I was able to easily allow a specific customer to install their choice of Joomla versions. For example, when 1.5 was just released, I had a number of customers who still wanted to use 1.0.15 while others wanted to go to 1.5. I was able to enable both versions and they had their choice of what to install.

With 10.x it now seems as if I'm stuck with whatever the current version is. If I login to ANY customer's control panel, only 1.7 is available to install. However, if I go into the Application Vault I see that 1.0.15, 1.5, & 1.7 are available. I have tried to select each one of these and click on "Make Available", but it doesn't seem to work.

I even tried changing Service Plans to only allow specific applications to see if I could select a specific Joomla version. That doesn't work either.

I'm fairly new to 10.x administration, but I DID download the Administrator guide and read through the Application Vault sections. I didn't see anything that addressed this issue.

Anybody... anybody...

We have the same issue.
Next to impossible to migrate customers from other hosting to ours if they are not on the latest greatest version of the software. We end up having to go through a full manual installation of the version they need each time.

Sorry to hi-jack, but definitely related...
Are there old version of the APS packages stored in some secret location on the server that we can load into the Application Vault ?

Back