• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I map mydomain.com/admin to ip:8443 ?

A

acidbox

I would like the ability to type in www.mydomain.com/admin and have it automatically redirect me to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8443 (where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of the domain name).

I would like to have this automatically done for each site that I add to Plesk.

How would I go about having this sym link created each time automatically?

Thanks.

You will going to have a lot of angry customers if you do that.
Almost every forum and CMS uses that directory.

Originally posted by Triloxigen
You will going to have a lot of angry customers if you do that.
Almost every forum and CMS uses that directory.

Well it doesn't have to be /admin, but I'd like to change it so people don't have to enter their IP:8443. A little less cryptic.

Originally posted by acidbox
Well it doesn't have to be /admin, but I'd like to change it so people don't have to enter their IP:8443. A little less cryptic.

It's also possible to enter domainname:8443 :)
Or make a login form on you companies website :)

Originally posted by Triloxigen
It's also possible to enter domainname:8443 :)
Or make a login form on you companies website :)

I'm still trying to figure out how to get the domain:8443 to work correctly. I have a server from EV1 and somewhere they burried plesk.ev1servers.net in there so that when you try to access domain:8443 it always tries to redirect to plesk.ev1servers.net. I have changed my host name and everything like that (both from the plesk panel and from the /etc/sysconfig/network file). Still no change.

Any ideas?

Originally posted by acidbox
I'm still trying to figure out how to get the domain:8443 to work correctly. I have a server from EV1 and somewhere they burried plesk.ev1servers.net in there so that when you try to access domain:8443 it always tries to redirect to plesk.ev1servers.net. I have changed my host name and everything like that (both from the plesk panel and from the /etc/sysconfig/network file). Still no change.

Any ideas?

All that has nothing to do with it :s
When a domain points at domain 127.0.0.1 it will work.

So how would I go about getting plesk to think that a domain on the server is pointing to localhost without having to edit my hosts file or something like that?

one question:

how do I make it work without having to type in https://mydomain.com:8443

I just want to be able to type mydomain.com:8443.

Is there a way to allow a non-ssl request to be forwarded to the right place as well?

I was thinking of a more global solution that would work for all accounts created automatically. Any ideas?

Once you have the vhost.conf all set, just make a minor change to put @domain_name@ instead of the real domain name, then put it into the skeleton files.

Also, remember to do this after any changes:
/usr/local/admin/bin/websrvmng -u -vhost-name=domain.com
and Plesk will then incorporate your changes.

You could modify the /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.include file, but Plesk may over write your changes.

Back