• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input Your experience with "Site/Server Automatic Health Reports" in Plesk

AYamshanov

Silver Pleskian
Staff member
Server operating system version
Linux && Windows
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.x
Hi everyone,

Thank you everyone who read and answered the previous similar topic about "Mail delivery troubleshooting" , we read all answers and took out interesting things into our internal document. Anyway, if you still have something to say, it’s never too late! Feel free to add.

Now I would like to ask for feedback about another feature mentioned in the survey. Let's also start with historical data,
  • In 2022 (Check out the Plesk Obsidian 2022 survey results!),
    • One of the most desired features was "Site/Server Automatic Health Report" (21.1%),
  • In 2023, the "Site/Server Automatic Health Report" request is also in top-list based on the answers.

Since the percentages even increased, during the 2023 year, we probably have not invest enough time to improve features in this area and still have a lack of features here. Because of that, I would like to collect more information and details about real use-cases and scenarios. What do you expect should be done under the feature with name "Site/Server Automatic Health Report"? How it might help you with hosting and website management tasks? Do you already use other solutions to have necessary features? Which one?

We appreciate any information!

I give this some thought, but to be completely honest I don't really know what what to expect from a feature called "Site/Server Automatic Health Report". It seem to be such a broad topic and personally I feel Plesk already has a lot of useful health/reporting tools. Primarily Monitoring of course, but also the Process List and Log Browser are useful tools. It's hard to think of something to add.

One small thing I can think of that would be useful, are notifications when services (apache, postfix, maridadb, ect) are interrupted/stoped. Watchdog has this as an option. But since watchdog isn't available on newer OSes (and seems be redundant anyway), it might be useful to have these kinds of notifications with Monitoring or directly in Plesk (instead of with Watchdog).

I am sorry that I am not much of help here.

Since the percentages even increased, during the 2023 year, we probably have not invest enough time to improve features in this area and still have a lack of features here. Because of that, I would like to collect more information and details about real use-cases and scenarios. What do you expect should be done under the feature with name "Site/Server Automatic Health Report"? How it might help you with hosting and website management tasks? Do you already use other solutions to have necessary features? Which one?
The "Site/Server Automatic Health Report" feature would ideally provide regular updates on the performance and status of the website or server, highlighting any potential issues or areas for improvement. This would streamline hosting and website management tasks by proactively identifying issues before they impact users. Other solutions like monitoring tools (e.g., Nagios, Zabbix) offer similar functionality, but an integrated solution within the hosting platform would be more convenient.

Back