• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I rename a domain in Plesk for Linux?

R

RangerTX

This scenario has come up a few times:
A customer picks a domain name, and a few months later picks a "better" domain name (or the store gets a new name, or a new domain becomes available or whatever ... like sw-soft.com becoming swsoft.com). So I was very glad when the "Domain Aliases" option became available in Plesk so it is now easy for the customer to migrate to the new domain name. However the original domain name is still the main domain in Plesk and when they don't want to renew the original domain name, I still don't know of a way to rename the original domain to the new domain in Plesk, or promote the aliased domain to the main domain.

How can this be done? I see it is an option in Plesk for Windows, but I don't see the option in Plesk for Linux. If there is not a way to do it in the Plesk interface, is there a manual way of doing this that won't break anything else?

i never test it but it should go in the following way !

Plesk > Domain > your Domain to rename > Domain Administrator > new Domain name

Greetings Brujo

Does emails and ftp will work after renaming domain??

In my server Email,FTP and Web services are running. Does changing of domain name will affect all the services. For ex my old domain is abc.com and I changed to xyz.com. All my old email ([email protected]) will work under the new domain ([email protected]) and the ftp.abc.com as ftp.xyz.com.

Is there any changes that I need to make for changing the emails to the new domain or is it only the domain name and rest everything will change automatically?

Please help

Mac

Hello MathewS,
the only change to do is
Plesk > Domain > your Domain to rename > Domain Administrator > new Domain name
The rest is running automaticly including E-Mail address and and and.
But my feeling this is working wit Plesk Version 9

Best regards
Helmut

Thanks for the reply. Now I have created one more domain, which is my new domain. And now both are working fine. Why i have done this because I have to receive the old domain emails and I have did a mail forward to the new domain. So that I won't miss my old clients emails and gradually I will be phasing out the old domain.

Libcurl.so linked to plesk??

I am using plesk panel 8.6 in CentOS. Does the libcurl.so linked with plesk? One of the application in the server requires new version of libcurl. upgrading the libcurl will create any problem for plesk?

Thanks & Regards,
Mathew

Back