• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I return my licence to Plesk 9?

AndorA

Basic Pleskian
I have tried to do the upgrade to Plesk 10, but as that means that nobody on the production server can reach his/her email anymore, and access to the Panel is no longer possible, I have restored the drive backup with Plesk 9.

However, now Plesk is complaining that my license is no longer valid for Plesk 9, as I have upgraded to Plesk 10.

Does anyone know where I can turn to make my license work in Plesk 9 again?

I have a bought copy of Plesk 9 with full SUS, and it's a bit of shame to throw that all away.

Did you contact your sales representative who has sold the license to you?

I wish I would never have upgraded my licenses to Plesk v.10.
Plesk v.10 is missing a lot. Especially what our customers use, the Sitebuilder.

SwSoft/Parallels has really done a bad job at this release. I thought that after all these years not not having an update to Sitebuilder, even though the agreement was that we were to receive 2 significate releases per year, and did not receive any since 2007(although if you go to Sitebuilder 4.5 it may say a newer version) but there is no significatant code change, we would have received a decent Sitebuilder in this release.... there are no modules in Sitebuilder v5... such as image gallery, registration, html page, blog, forum, etc... I have no idea how we're supposed to 'manually' port over Sitebuilder v.4.5 sites to Sitebuilder 5.x if there are no modules..... What is going on?

Regarding your license key... I remember seeing/reading that if you 'upgrade' your license key to the newer version you'll never be able to go back to a previous version...

I'm in the same boat as you. I should never have upgraded. I should have kept with the years old, but working, Plesk 9.x... Plesk 10.x has killed my business and I have no modules now for my customers to use. Image gallery, registration, forum, blog, are all missing from my installation of Plesk 10.x from Plesk 9.x.

.... I should have assumed that things were not going to get better.... they only got worse. I'm loosing my customers, having to refund them, all because I was stupid and upgraded to Plesk v.10 not knowing that the most important thing that my customers need and use, Sitebuilder is junk and is missing all the modules that my customers use the most.

Back