• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I - Roll back to an older version?

V

Vengent

Just did the upgrade from 7.1.6 to 7.5 and can see now that it was a poor decision. Is it possible to roll back without losing all the configurations?

You should be able to by uninstalling plesk and reinstalling it again from RPMs.

I haven't tested this so I don't know if there will be any side effects.

Just out of curiosity.... Why was upgrading to 7.5 a poor decision? I'm using Plesk 7.5 and I don't have any problems.

That probably won't work as 7.5.0 has a different DB structure to 7.1.x

The best and simplest way I can suggest would be to (assuming you read the instructions properly beforehand and did exactly as it and the website suggest... run a full backup before upgrading):
Uninstall Plesk 7.5
Reinstall 7.1.6 from the RPMs
Restore Plesk backup from the backups you ran prior to the upgrade

psarestore is very slow at restoring server dumps so I would only recommend you do that if you *absolutely* cannot live with Plesk 7.5.0 - if you're having problems with it then (imho) the best solution would be to either report the bugs to SWsoft and await a fix or look for external help.

Back