1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How do I - Roll back to an older version?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Vengent, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Vengent

Vengent Guest

Just did the upgrade from 7.1.6 to 7.5 and can see now that it was a poor decision. Is it possible to roll back without losing all the configurations?

2. Jason Lee

Jason Lee Guest

You should be able to by uninstalling plesk and reinstalling it again from RPMs.

I haven't tested this so I don't know if there will be any side effects.

Just out of curiosity.... Why was upgrading to 7.5 a poor decision? I'm using Plesk 7.5 and I don't have any problems.

3. Cranky

Cranky Guest

That probably won't work as 7.5.0 has a different DB structure to 7.1.x

4. NightStorm

NightStorm Guest

The best and simplest way I can suggest would be to (assuming you read the instructions properly beforehand and did exactly as it and the website suggest... run a full backup before upgrading):
    Uninstall Plesk 7.5
    Reinstall 7.1.6 from the RPMs
    Restore Plesk backup from the backups you ran prior to the upgrade

5. Cranky

Cranky Guest

psarestore is very slow at restoring server dumps so I would only recommend you do that if you *absolutely* cannot live with Plesk 7.5.0 - if you're having problems with it then (imho) the best solution would be to either report the bugs to SWsoft and await a fix or look for external help.