• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I stop incoming mail from external hosts from getting to a mailbox?

C

Cassandra

Hi everyone,

I am new to this, and hope I'm explaining this right. Thanks for any help in advance. :)

I'm trying to stop mail from outside my server from reaching the inbox of one of my mail accounts.

This account is used for a distribution list, so spam that reaches the account gets sent to everyone on the list.
I'd like to stop that from happening...

The only mail that should be received, and then forwarded should be mail that comes from a form generated on the server. I'm assuming I need to allow 127.0.0.1 while denying everything else... somehow...

Is there a way to set up qmail to deny outside addresses trying to mail to only this account without affecting other accounts? Or, should I be using some mailing list manager of some kind instead of doing it this way?

Thanks very much!

You should probably be using a list manager such as mailman (which is included with plesk). It has controls to block this sort of thing.

Thank you!

I think I'm using an older version of Plesk. I didn't know how to tell when I first started, but finally found it was version 505. So, I suppose I'm in the wrong place. Mailman doesn't seem to be there anywhere. Is there some way to add it without messing anything up, or upgrade plesk from 505 to whatever the newest version is?

We've had this server for two years, but this is the first time I've ever been put in a position where I had to maintain it. (it was kind of an emergency).

Thanks again very much, and have a great 4th!
Cassandra

Back