• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue How do I update th sefault self-signed certificate produced by Plesk?

Alex King

New Pleskian
The default, self-signed certificate which was installed on plesk install has now expired.

Now roundcube webmail is not working. When sending a message the following error appears in the UI:

An error occured.
SMTP Error (-1): Connection to server failed.

The following appears in /var/log/mail.info:
postfix/smtpd[29398]: warning: TLS library problem: error:14094415:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert certificate expired:s3_pkt.c:1300:SSL alert number 45:

I would like to renew or replace the self-signed certificate with another self-signed certificate. I do not want to use letsencrypt or a commercial certificate. How do I renew the self-signed cert?

Attachments

• Default certificate.png
    Default certificate.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 6
Hello Alex King,

To create a new self-signed certificate:
- Tools & Settings -> SSL/TLS Certificates -> "List of certificates in server pool" -> "+ Add" -> Complete required fields, tick "Self-Signed".

To select the new created self-signed certificate:
- Tools & Settings -> SSL/TLS Certificates -> "Certificates currently in use for securing Plesk server" -> "Certificate for securing mail" -> [Change]

Could you please say why do you want to continue using a self-signed certificate and why you don't want to use Let's Encrypt?

Back