• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue How do you backup domains? Ext. SFTP backup not working

paddaone1

New Pleskian
Hello everyone.
Hope all are safe!

I have a little problem here backing up all domains hosted on a dedicated server with Obsidian 18.0.25 to my local NAS 918+.
I do not want to use regular FTP and FTPS does not do well with the firewall of my local network, NAS being behind a PfSense 2.4.5 router.
I bought the plesk extension sftp backup and installed it. It works well but transfers are limited to 500Kb/s which is extremely slow!!
Left a message on the forum about this and someone from plesk told me it is an issue that should be resolved (extplesk-1482).

In the meantime I still need to backup these domains. So I tried to do it using sftp or rsync with command lines and it works great. But I don't know what to backup!!!
I go to /var/lib/psa/dumps/.../ and there is a truckload of files and directories there.
When I do a plesk local backup using the backup manager it creates a file called backup_info_date.xml.tar you can download onto your computer. I guess this is not enough to be restored. If I backup everything that is in the /dumps/... it takes hours as there are files in there that are very old.

So I just want to download the last local backups onto my nas. How should I do it?
Thank you for your help.

Back