• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do you make a global change for log rotation on all subscriptions/domains?

plesk_usr

New Pleskian
Is it possible to change all log rotation settings globally? I tried to configure the log rotation defaults for the reseller account and sync, but it does not change any of the log rotation values.

Is this possible, or do I need to spend hours and hours clicking on links for hundreds of domains and changing them manually?

Thanks!

I suggest that you change this option on service plan it self and then sync. For those subscription that are locked, you will have to do it manually.

Because you will change this value on service plan, you won't have to pay attention on this option for future clients.

Setup this option daily and it will run with daily Plesk crons.

Disabling log rotation for all domains, for example:

# for i in `mysql -uadmin -p\`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow\` psa -Ns -e "select name from domains"`; do /usr/local/psa/bin/subscription_settings $i -manage_log false; done

Thanks for the reply, but I am actually trying to enable log rotation with specific parameters (rotate daily, max of 31 logs).

Thanks!

I figured it out.

In the psa database there is a 'log_rotation' table.

You can make global changes with mysql queries such as:

Code:
update `log_rotation` set `compress_enable` = replace(`compress_enable`, 'false' ,'true');

Thank you Bit Poster.

I update this table with this:

update log_rotation set turned_on = 'true', period_type = 'by_time', period = 'weekly', max_number_of_logfiles = '4', compress_enable = 'true' ;

Back