• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question How do you use GULP on a Plesk server?

Thomas552

New Pleskian
I'm using the roots/sage theme, which uses gulp watch to compile the CSS.

It was originally developed on a local machine, so everything is setup for it to compile, but I'm trying to get gulp watch to run on the server.

Does any know how to get gulp working via Plesk command line or any other way?

Well, which OS and OS version are we talking about...? Are you the server admin or a customer?

Apart from Plesk being installed, your server is basically a linux distro that could also be used as a workstation, for tasks such as this.

That being said, the question to ask yourself at this point would be: is this prudent? My usual advice to Plesk admins is to keep their servers as minimal and as close to stock OS as possible, because this approach greatly simplifies regular maintenance tasks, not to mention upgrades or troubleshooting when something goes sideways. In my book, tasks like this don't belong on a server or rather they belong on a separate build instance or on a workstation.

Well, which OS and OS version are we talking about...? Are you the server admin or a customer?

Apart from Plesk being installed, your server is basically a linux distro that could also be used as a workstation, for tasks such as this. mybkexperience

That being said, the question to ask yourself at this point would be: is this prudent? My usual advice to Plesk admins is to keep their servers as minimal and as close to stock OS as possible, because this approach greatly simplifies regular maintenance tasks, not to mention upgrades or troubleshooting when something goes sideways. In my book, tasks like this don't belong on a server or rather they belong on a separate build instance or on a workstation.

Thanks for the reply....

Back