• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How many users on one server

R

rvdmeer

Hi there,

(I hope this is the right place to ask)

I'm managing a 2.4 Ghz Server with 512 MB and 80 GB harddrive. And i'm wondering how many domains i'm able to run on an plesk based server.

(dont mind the connection, dont mind the discspace)

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards,
Ronald van der Meer

is it a 2.4 Ghz celeron or P4? If it's a celeron, not more than100 domains. If P4, you be able to host a few hundred with major tweaking and at least double your RAM ;)

Originally posted by poke
is it a 2.4 Ghz celeron or P4? If it's a celeron, not more than100 domains. If P4, you be able to host a few hundred with major tweaking and at least double your RAM ;)

A few hundred static sites. If you have some major mysql sites then you see a major drop down in performance.

So in general it's just what the server is going to do... static / dynamic content ?

most simple static websites around 20 mb without any sql server.

CPU: Intel Celeron 2.4 GHz
MEM: 512 MB DDR RAM PC2700
HDD: 80 GB HDD 7200 RPM

Originally posted by rvdmeer
most simple static websites around 20 mb without any sql server.

CPU: Intel Celeron 2.4 GHz
MEM: 512 MB DDR RAM PC2700
HDD: 80 GB HDD 7200 RPM

Raid controller ?
Probably a 200 static should be no problem. But again, if these aren't heavy traffic sites.
There are a lot parts that improve or degrade performance (raid / memory / traffic etc...)

Just IDE, i was counting on 100 clients with some sql and some just plain static websites. When we reach 100 i'll advise a new server again.

But in some cases i'm also able to get an server with a 300domain license.

So therefor i was wondering.

Thanks for your replies.

Back