• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input keeping an "updated/accurate" HOW TO section

larryk

Regular Pleskian
hello,
if this already exists somewhere, please point me to it :)

My current topic/issue I'm trying to figure out is: "wordpress page speed optimization", for a nginx & apache config. I'm using FPM application served by nginx.

So i saw this thread:
https://talk.plesk.com/threads/nginx-browser-caching-for-static-resources.334497/

awesome info, lots of good points, ideas, settings, etc. BUT its old? might be less accurate now.
Not to mention, that thread was going in different directions (ALL related :) ) but touching on different points.

I came across the same problem here:
https://talk.plesk.com/threads/how-to-secure-mail-of-domain-with-lets-encrypt.339766/

Awesome info, tips, ideas, etc. etc. BUT its old

It leaves a person like me wondering:
what do I do?

1) Do I spend tons of time and energy 'learning/investigating' on the replies in those threads?
2) say screw it and just try settings listed in the thread, without knowing what will happen?
3) higher/pay some admin who knows plesk "good enough" to make things better?

obviously, each one of those has its pros/cons :)

Here is what I would like to see on the Talk Plesk Com forums:

a simple "How To" that is maintained and updated, that has this format:

a) short/simple issue that is being solved: How To speed up a website page.
b) setting used and their values
c) date last and version last updated
d) notes or alerts about this how to

NOW... I can already hear you thinking and saying: THAT IS STUPID. You can't do that because of the plesk config or all the variables, different variations that go into those settings.

BUT you see, that IS THE POINT... if a HOW TO has multiple versions, so be it.
Have the same HOW TO listed 20 times even if only 1 or 2 settings are different depending on the specific "how to" question?

The alternative?
- have multiple threads being asked
- have long threads similar to the above threads that kind of help or rather kinda confuse the reader
- have plesk server domains not setup correctly because the admin could not figure it out correctly

The positive benefit I see is having more people who run a plesk server be able to setup/config
their server faster, easier, and better. They can find a more exact HOW TO that matches their needs versus looking and hoping someone else already did the same thing.

anyway... this is something I wanted to say and so I did :)

@larryk as you know it is community forum. Everyone can help each other. Are you ready to create, maintain and keep updated this HOWTO sticky thread/subforum?

true, but this forum is on Plesk's site? The value of the "how to" is enormous.. for everyone!
One would think Plesk could hire and pay a knowledgeable person to only create and update the "how to".

Back