• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

How move data from WP hosting to Plesk?

Valerio1975

New Pleskian
Good mornig to all..
I'm a newbye in this argoment, I try to read a lot of documentation and try it using WP Toolkit, I connect Plesk to my WP Site, but I'm not able to download all the files from WP hosting to Plesk .
  1. I try to Backup all to a file .wpress from WP , but I don't find a restore or import function in Plesk or in WP Toolkit;
  2. I try the import data directly from WP toolkit connecting directly to WP hosting, I create SFTP Wordpress credential for import data, I insert these in WT toolkit , both in simple and advanced mode, but I receive always error in connection.
I don't know how solve my problem of move all my WP hosted site to Plesk, please help me.
Thank a lot.
Have a good day.

thanks for your answer, but when I install this Plugin, I don't find in WP menu, as showed in tutorial.
Another info, I try some other Migration Plugin-in, but i don't find where I can use in PLESK or in WP Toolikit section; I see in Plugin, correctly installed and Active, but I can't find where i can run it , for select import options.
Maybe I'm sleeping... :-((

Thank Custer for your answer, but Wordpress doesn't give me one of this kind of connections (SSL o FTP), but only SFTP , that I try but it's not possible to connect by Site migration, in Simple or Advanced mode...
I chat with Wordpress and try the connection using a FTP Client, as Filezilla, I 'm able to connect by SFTP to WP hosting, but both using my domain name or FTP Server address, using PLESK Site Import I receive everytime connection error..
Please help me... thanks.

Last edited:
Have you considered using a plugin such as Duplicator? I've used it several times, and so far it has worked flawless.
Duplicator: Duplicator – WordPress Migration Plugin

Can you please help me to how use this Plugin, or other WP PLugin for migration???
Here my steps, please tell me where i'm Wrong.
From my free Host in Plesk,
1) Install Wordpress istance
2) For the Admin Access, what credentials must I use?? My actual WP Online hosting Credential or use a new Wp precompiled credential, for create a new site, where migrate my online site?

I try several time both possibilities, without success..
Please Help me... 10 days and Wp hosting subscription will expire...
Thanks..

Step 1: Install the Duplicator plugin from the wordpress repository, and activate it
Step 2: Create the package, in this step, Duplicator will compress all your code and data
Step 3: Download the compressed file (there are 2 files, 1 file is installer.php and 1 is compressed)
Step 4: Upload the host plesk to both files
Step 5: Visit
Code:
http://yourdomain.com/installer.php
to reinstall your site
Done

Back