• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How o get rid of MailEnable to use another mailserver ?

MiTo

Basic Pleskian
Hi

Since days i try to install another mailserver (axigen, maybe kerio) as i need the groupware functionality and MailEnable has absurd prices for the upgrade. Axigen let me use a fully functional version with 10 premium users, 10 basib useres, outlook connector, active sync FOR FREE and that would be enough for my needs.
And it comes with a very clear, modern and fast interface for admin and webmail.
The problem is that i do not get another mailserver to work as i cannot remove MailEnable completely from plesk and even if i disable mail functionality for plesk there are still ports and listeners (80,25) blocked/used by plesk. even if i try to disable Plesk service within Windows for testing it keeps blocking that ports like a pest...
There should be a way how to do that. i don't care if i have to configure email for my domains outside of plesk as it is quite easy with the axigen web panel.

Has anyone a "how-to" or an idea how to get rid of MailEnable, any webmail functionaliy and free the ports but keeping Plesk as managing software ?

I use Windows Server 2012R2 wih Plesk Onyx 17.x

thx in advance

Btw. i know that plesk says it cannot be removed. But if i am able to set Plesk to NOT handle email which is possible, Plesk should free the ports for other mail apps....but it keeps sitting on webmail and port 80 like a henn on the egg... :-(

Well, the secret is that even after de-installation some services might be still active in IIS, so you have to clean that out too.
Funny, it looks like i am alone here the last days, talk with myself and help myself....i love this forum...

Sorry to bring this up but i'm having the same problem, however I'm using Plesk on Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS.

I'm new to Linux having always used Windows where I ran Axigen, and i'd quite like to use it again. I've installed Axigen and got it running, but whenever I visit webmail.domain it loads up RoundCube (which I've removed)

How do I go about freeing up those ports so I can get Webmail from Axigen working on port 80?

Back