• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

how reject or bounce mail on individual account

B

bona fide

How do I reject (preferred) or bounce (acceptable) email sent to a specific account?

I'm moving my domain to a Plesk environment from an old shared host, and am trying to duplicate behaviors.

I want misspelled addresses (such as [email protected]) to be redirected to a single account we can check ([email protected]), which is easy to do. But I then want to bounce or reject specific addresses (such as [email protected] or [email protected]).

This should be obvious and easy to do, but I can't see the options in Plesk....

If you're not too bothered about the bounce you can just setup those as new mail names in Plesk, but not assign a mailbox/redirect/etc. to it. If you want a bounce message you can do the above but add an autoresponse. All mail to addresses configured in Plesk without a redirect/mailbox will be dropped silently.

Thanks, Cranky.

Of course reject would be better. Spammers have gotten ahold of a couple of these accounts, and I'd rather not add the round-trip traffic, or have them use the accounts to bounce spam to spoofed senders.

If anyone from SWsoft is listening, please add this as a feature request ;)

Bona Fide

Back