• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to activate auto renewal for LetsEncrypt certificates ?

Frank1000

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
i didn't see a switch for auto-reneval for LetsEncrypt Plesk plugin. I keep getting info from LetsEncrypt to renew my certificates.

What do i do ?

Regards,
Frank

Hi Frank1000,

"auto-renew" for Let's Encrypt certificates works "out of the box", because the Plesk Let's Encrypt Extension places a daily task, which replaces any further necessary configurations.

But since version "2.1" you have now additional options, to configure some settings over the "panel.ini". Pls. see the official Plesk documentation link:

Pls. don't forget to use at least
Code:
log-requests = true
... so that you are able to investigate the Plesk "panel.log" with the additional informations in your log - file. ;)

Hi & thx for reply,
not sure what the reason could be that the certificates are not being renewed.
In a post at the LetsEncrypt forum i received the following reply :

"
Thanks for the details. I agree that that certificate is expired and also that it's never been renewed:

crt.sh | %uptoconcept.com

You could tell people on the Plesk forum that no renewal certificate has ever been issued, based on the above link. (Sometimes there are software bugs where a certificate gets successfully renewed but then not reinstalled, but we can confirm that that's not the case here.)
"

Hi Frank1000,

not sure what the reason could be that the certificates are not being renewed.
Sorry, we can't guess it as well... that's why I suggested:
Pls. don't forget to use at least
Code:
log-requests = true
... so that you are able to investigate the Plesk "panel.log" with the additional informations in your log - file.
... because you are able to investigate possible issues/errors/problems in your "panel.log", without guessing. ;)

Additional informations:

Sometimes, it is as well a good idea to change the log - level ( TEMPORARILY! ), to get more informations in Plesk - log - files:

ok thx, i have opened the logfile and searched for "encrypt".
It has bunch of error messages listed like on this screenshot :

Image_2017-06-06__20-03-41__1496772222.jpg

Does it make sense to post the panel.log file here ?

Hi Frank1000,

Does it make sense to post the panel.log file here ?
It certainly does make sense, because people willing to help you might want to QUOTE errors/issues/problems from your log(s), in order to suggest possible work-arounds / solutions.

At the moment, I could investigate permission issues in your shortened logs, which might be solved with de- and re-installing the Plesk Let's Encrypt Extension, or with the help of the "Plesk Repair Utility" ( => Plesk Repair Utility )

Hi Frank1000,

your issues/errors/problems appear since a veeeery long time ( your log states the most serious issue/error/problem at 11.01.2017 ):
Code:
[2017-01-10 19:11:07] ERR [1] Unable to connect to database: mysql_connect(): No such file or directory /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock (Error code: 2002). Please check that database server is started and accessible.
[2017-01-11 20:04:42] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/vhostmng-structure'] with exit code [1]
[2017-01-11 20:04:42] ERR [1] '/opt/psa/admin/bin/vhostmng-structure' failed with code 1.
... where it is unclear, what you did wrong with your Plesk Control Panel, but your root cause are misconfigured permissions and vhosts - structures and due to MySQL - database server issues, I assume that an update/upgrade went wrong or didn't finish.

If the solution from => "New files of configuration for Apache web server were not built due to errors in configuration templates: mkdir: cannot create directory" , in combination with the already mentioned "Plesk Repair Utility" and it's options doesn't solve your issue, I recommend backing up your domain contents and re - install your Plesk server.

i went to usr/local/psa/admin/sbin and ./autoinstaller, but it seems it was just installed over the existing installation without removing the prior plesk install. How do i now make sure all is working correct ?

Hi Frank1000,

your last post is not relevant for the initial thread and it's starting post. If you desire help for another issue/error/problem ( after you re-installed your server ), pls. consider to open another thread with another detailed issue/error/problem - description and as always, with your unique server specific informations. :)

Back