• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to add email@domain-alias

netsetter

Basic Pleskian
I have a domain alias, activated the Mail-Service in the hosting settings of the domain alias.

How can I add now a new email adress @ the domain alias?

Plesk does not allow creating mailboxes under domain aliases. Instead, the mailboxes of the primary domain are used. If you select the Mail service option, the mailboxes created under the primary domain will also be available under the alias. To enable users to read mail sent to mailboxes under the alias, Plesk redirects it to the corresponding mailboxes under the primary domain.

For example:

You have an email address [email protected]. Then you set up an alias for domain.tld, for example, alias.tld. If you select the Mail service option, all mail sent to [email protected] will be available at [email protected]. Otherwise, the mailbox [email protected] will not receive mail sent to [email protected].

Okay, thank you for this information. I thought I would be also able to send emails from the domain alias, not only forwarding received emails to the main domain.

Back