• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How To Add Multiple Disks

LMAR6

New Pleskian
Hi

We're installing a server with HDD's and SSD's. The SSD's have been used for OS, Plesk and also for customer data. Now we would like to add the built-in HDDs.

I will prepare the 2x2 TB disks (partitions, raid1, lvm) like I did with the SSD's.
  • How can I mount the volume to Plesk? Where does Plesk expect the disks to be mounted?
  • How can I handle, which domain is located on SSD's and which is not? Is there a possibility to use the subscriptions (Hosting HDD 10 GB, Hosting SSD 20GB for example)?
Plesk Web Host Edition is used.

Greets

All domains are located in the directory, specified by HTTPD_VHOSTS_D variable in /etc/psa/psa.conf file (by default it is /var/www/vhosts)
Plesk has special utility /usr/local/psa/bin/transvhosts.pl for relocation default vhosts directory. So, you can mount your HDD and relocate domains vhosts directory to this mount point. You can't set the different location for different domains.

In other words, it's not possible to use SSD- & HDD-Storage at the same time for domains?! So Plesk only supports one volume for webprojects, even with a "Web Host" Edition?!

Greets

In other words, it's not possible to use SSD- & HDD-Storage at the same time for domains?! So Plesk only supports one volume for webprojects, even with a "Web Host" Edition?!
Yes, you are correct.

You can try to use for separate vhosts relocation something like

mount --bind olddir newdir

but on your own risk.

We had to switch to cPanel. We liked Plesks handling much more, but there is no scalable solution without account-specific adjustment over SSH if you would like to offer separated SSD and HDD hosting.

I hope this post won't be deleted. It's just a matter-of-fact, that cPanel handles this case much more comfortable out of WHM (SSH not required).

I hope this post won't be deleted. It's just a matter-of-fact, that cPanel handles this case much more comfortable out of WHM (SSH not required).
Be sure.
Despite the fact, that it is out of scope, but could you please describe in few words how this separate hosting location is achieved on cPanel?

Hi @agaitan, have you seen

View attachment 22166

Could that be something that is helpful for you?
What that means? What we are looking for is like cPanel have you can add N drives and diff home2 3 4 so when you create a new web it goes to the drive with more space. Here in Plesk if you run out of space you need to create a new virtual machine in my case

Back