• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to assign an existing domain to a new account?

J

JerkyChew

Hi,

A client of ours has several domains on our server. He recently sold one of his domains to someone else, and we need to transfer that domain to her new user account on the same server.

I can't figure out any easy way to transfer this. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

I posted this on June 28 in another thread:
This is for Plesk 7.5.3:
In the Plesk control panel, click on Clients, click on the Client who owns the domain currently.

Put a checkmark in the box at the end of the line showing the domain you want to transfer, then click on the link above which says "Change Owner". Pick the new Client.

Always make a full verified backup of your server before making changes, it's just good sense!
You may have to restart Apache for changes to take effect (per another user's post).

Thanks for the quick reply. I actually got it working the manual (and more fun!) way by following 0031's instructions in this post .

It was a little tricky since the client had an exclusive IP for SSL, but I whipped it into shape!

Thanks the reply, though!

click on the link above which says "Change Owner"

I do not have this option? any idea why?

my plesk version is 7.5.1

Originally posted by orongo
click on the link above which says "Change Owner"

I do not have this option? any idea why?

That why. :D

Bill

Back