1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

how to assign and existing ssl certifcate in plesk

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by asamm, Sep 12, 2007.

1. asamm

asamm Guest

Hi

we have a SSL certificate assigned to our website in the IIS6. This should not have been done. It should have been assigned through plesk but now it is too late.

i want to upload or transfer it to plesk.
    i want to use this certificate for our ip as well. (at the moment when i try to log in to the plesk i get warning message because we do not have proper ssl for it).

I have a copy of our certificate and a back up of its private key (backed up using iis6 manger) in our local computer. but whenever I try to upload them to plesk it gives an error message saying the private key is not correct.

I tried to copy and past as text, I tried to upload but they simply do not work.

is there anything wrong using the backup instead of original private key. I don’t know where to get the original.

any help would be appreciated

2. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%