• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved how to block forward spam

fabieng

Basic Pleskian
Hello
I have a plesk with mail server enable. Pb is that one of the customer is receiving a lot of spam in its mail box. and all the spam is forwarded to its personal mailbox in gmail (customer wanted outbound mails fwd to its mailbox :( )

then, gmail is detecting the server IP as possible spam :(

how can we prevent all the mails marked as spam to be forwarded ?! is there any function to prevent that ?! thx for your lights !

The answer to your question is: There is no function that removes incoming spam and forwards what is not spam to an external mailbox. The solution for Gmail and many, many other providers is to use their POP download functions to import external mail to their mailboxes.

ok that's what I was afraid. so if a customer make a redirect rule, receiving a log of spam, the plesk server will be blacklisted because of all those forwards. thx.

Yes, indeed. The same issue with T-Online, all 1&1 group services like web.de, GMX etc., Yahoo, AOL and so on ...E-mail forwarding is just something people should not do. And most often, there is no need for them to do it.

as professional, you know it, and as professional, I know it, but as customer, they don't. they just use the fwd function as it's easier for them to manage.

Personally I think that the receiving providers should change their policy. Because they could easily detect the "real" sender. But what they are doing is that they block the forwarder. This is what is causing the issues. However, your customers do have a choice. If they want to have accounts with the big companies, they need to abide by their rules and use the collector services instead of forwarding.

yes you are absolutley right, but unfortunatly, we are not SEO of microsoft or google :) untill then, we have to adapt our tools to them because, they won't ! this is why an option to block spam to be forwarded would be great.

Back