• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

how to buy a license

AndrewAnderson

New Pleskian
how to buy a license?

So I'm trying to buy a plesk 12 license, I want a:
- Web Pro Edition

Readng forums it said use a partner (as can only buy the large license from official site), so I've been to like 8 partners now, all say the same, this is from a platinum partner:

11:41Chris Atherton: Hello, thank you for contacting the Sales department.
11:41Chris Atherton: How may I help?
11:42Andrew Hope: Hello, I've been referred here by Parallels to purchase a plesk license as you are a Platinum Partner
11:42Andrew Hope: yet I can't see them on your site
11:43Andrew Hope: you're also on their partner list under:
11:43Andrew Hope: http://www.parallels.com/products/plesk/how-to-buy/
11:44Chris Atherton: Are you looking to buy an individual license for a machine you are hosting yourself?
11:44Andrew Hope: exactly
11:45Andrew Hope: I have a dedicated server running windows, and the only "decent" hosting control panel is Plesk, makes my life easy.
11:45Chris Atherton: Unfortunatly we are not able to supply the licenses on in that way.
11:45Andrew Hope: know anywhere that does?
11:46Chris Atherton: The only place you could do that I believe is direct from Parallels
11:46Andrew Hope: yet, they keep saying "use partners"
11:47Andrew Hope: on: http://www.parallels.com/products/plesk/how-to-buy/ the only license you can buy is the Web Host Edition (Unlimited Domains), their forums are stating partners can sell the others
11:48Chris Atherton: If I'm being honest I'm not sure exactly what their procedure is. However our agreement with them prohibits us from selling licenses direct to people not hosted or collocated on our infrastructure.
11:48Andrew Hope: understood, well thanks for the support

they all say the exact same. so where can I buy a license!

Last edited:
about 40 through the lists of partners,

Here's who sells:
34sp.com - takes multiple days to provide license.
openprovider.com - requires you to pre-pay, and smallest deposit is £100 ($100/$100), lol, no....
netsys-online.com - Instant and cheap, although hard to understand straight away as badly translated. Bought my license here.

after going through so many, and talking to so many supports whom say "Parallels prohibits us from selling licenses direct to people not hosted or collocated on our networks". I give up looking. Parallels is good if your are looking for a ready set-up host, but if your server provider does not sell licenses, it can be hard to find one.

Thank you for very valuable opinion. I can say that we are working on lining up partners who can sell licenses direct to customers and I hope this problem will be resolved very soon.

Yeap, we have the exact same problem. We want a couple of small Plesk 12 VPS licenses (for a small number of domains each).
The partners we contacted to get Plesk 12 VPS licenses replied that they only give licenses bundled to their hosting plans.

Also, after some search i found this article: http://kb.parallels.com/116536
So now we will try to contact an office, but it would be great if more licenses were offered in the Online Store.

netsys-online.com - Instant and cheap, although hard to understand straight away as badly translated. Bought my license here.

@AndrewAnderson: Thanks for mentioning this one : )

Another thing i noticed is that some more of the providers that will offer standalone licenses (such as paneli.st, licensecube.com) are not listed in your partner locator. (Also they don't mention anything about Plesk 12 licenses & the new editions on their sites. Older keys will work but all the useful new features such as outgoing mail limiting will be missing...)

Anyway, at least a filter in the locator or a list of partners that will offer standalone licenses would be really useful.

Back