• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

how to change default language

T

tonycaso

Hello, this is my first post of thousands:D

I've read posts about changin default language and nothing worked for me. I need only Spanish language. I work in plesk 7.5 reloaded with FC2.
I've uninstalled default us-US but then plesk doesn't find default locale(I have installed both english and spanish). I've changed folder name en-US to es-ES and viceversa and nothin hapened. Any help will be very apreciated.
I'm ready to work hard with Plesk :cool:
thank you (sorry for my English. please answer me in a not too technical English).

Do you have a license that supports more than 1 language pack ?

If you do so then you can set the default language in the control panel by clicking on Server -> Server Preferences -> Default locale...

hope that helps

I was going to mention that. Does plesk come with english by default and if you uninstall it and install the spanish pack you still can't use the spanish pack? I'm confused here :)

this is from plesk FAQ :
======================================
http://faq.sw-soft.com/article_26_342_en.html

Is it possible to change the default Language to Spanish (or other)?
Product versions this article applies to:

* Plesk 7.1.x Reloaded
* Plesk 7.5.x Reloaded

The latest update: Jul,11 2005
Access: public Article ID #342

Yes. You can do it by deinstalling psa-locale-base-en RPM and installing RPM with Spanish language pack. You can use any other available language pack also.
======================================

So its possible, but is not so easy to do.

Plesk doesn't supports enough in this case.

I hope some brain shows everybody how to do.:D

thank you very very much.

Yes but you said you unistalled en then installed spanish..... was this a success?

no, because when trying to login control panel wasnt avalaible and said didn't found default locale.

do you not have access to the spanish local? Just uninstall en and install sp... Or do you not quite know how to do this?

Poke I've done that.

but system do not recognize spanish as default locale.

Also happens somethin strange with en-US rpm.
when I do rpm -qi then en-US is listed,
but when Im going to unisntall it rpm -e, it says me packet is not installed:confused:

then Im going to install it rpm -Uvh and says me packet is already installed:(

the first time I tried to uninstall it I got it with --nodeps

Originally posted by tonycaso
Also happens somethin strange with en-US rpm.
when I do rpm -qi then en-US is listed,
but when Im going to unisntall it rpm -e, it says me packet is not installed:confused:

then Im going to install it rpm -Uvh and says me packet is already installed:(

the first time I tried to uninstall it I got it with --nodeps
Did you use the full correct package name:

Code:
rpm -q psa-locale-base-en-US   (to query/verify it is installed)

rpm -e psa-locale-base-en-US   (to uninstall)
then download the new language installer:

wget [url]http://download1.sw-soft.com/Plesk/Plesk7.5/Extensions/lp/plesk_v7.5_locale_es-ES_050812.18.sh[/url]

and execute the installer script from the command prompt.

oh thanks, I got to install Spanish language at last:D

thank you. if anyone wants solution post here

Can you tell me how you replaced the default language (en_US) with another one ? Without buying an additional license.

Please post the procedure. The SW-Soft FAQ isn't complete on this.

Also: i guess it's necessary to do a forced RPM uninstall of the default en_US locale rpm ? Because else RPM will complain about dependancies.

Please describe step by step how YOU did it.

Back