• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to change subscriber and keep the same IP address ?

SAttraction

Basic Pleskian
Hi there,

Having installed Plesk 10.0.1, I have a domain under a reseller account which I need to move to from a 'Reseller' account to 'My own subscriptions' - I can see there is an option to do this within the domain's setting page using the 'change subscriber' button, however, I need to keep this domain on it's existing IP address. When attempting to move this domain, I only have the option to move it to another, different IP address.

Please can somebody advise how I can move this domain and keep the same IP address ?

Many thanks in advance.

Darran

All,

I've spent some time running through the various possible options that could potentially resolve this issue but all to no avail.

When using the 'change subscriber' option, it gives the option of other IP addresses that I have on my server but not the same IP - which is where I need to keep the site on.

The only other (drastic) option I can think of is to rebuild the machine (again), somthing that I'd obviously rather not do.

Does anybody know of a solution ?

Many thanks.

Darran

Yes, thanks Kirk, making the IP temporarily shared helps.
When it's shared you can map the IP during the subscriber change.

Back