• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to check or to enable SNI as active

roberto bruzzese

New Pleskian
I am still having some troubles with certificates on the domains I have on my dedicated server.
I have read that SNI must be enabled on the server for assigning an SSL certificate to a website hosted on a shared IP address, otherwise the server will associate that certificate with all other websites hosted on this IP address.
But when I go to Tools & Settings > Server Settings. I am not able to find the SNI flag.
Can anyone explain me, please ?
Thank Bye

By default, on clean Plesk installations, the support for SNI is turned on. You can check it with

# grep SNI_SUPPORT /etc/psa/psa.conf
SNI_SUPPORT true

Thank you very much. This was already set in my configuration. Therefore it should be enabled. But I still have problems with my certificate.
Bye

Hi,

What kind of problem do you have with the certificate? Is the "SSL/TLS Certificate" option being displayed under the domain?

I had a similar issue a few months ago but even though the SNI variable was enabled in /etc/psa/psa.conf, a server restart was the only method that fixed the problem.

Hello All, I am having terrible problems with my 123-reg VPSemails, the SSL TLS appears to be the problem. I can only get emails using the 'redirect' option.
I just can't seccore any domain or the Plesk (Plesk Onyx v17.8.11_build1708180301.19 os_CentOS 6)
I have gone through all the usual 'LETS ENCRYPT' route and am told a certificate has been installed, but the advisor for each domain tells me "websites are not secured with valid SSL/TLS certificates"
Thunderbird will not let me setup emails for these accounts, giving security warnings.
SNI checked and is enabled.
Any genius out there got any suggestions? Thanks

I just can't seccore any domain or the Plesk (Plesk Onyx v17.8.11_build1708180301.19 os_CentOS 6)
You are running on a seriously outdated setup. Both CentOS 6 and Plesk Onyx are way beyond EOL.

If you having trouble with SSL/TLS certificates it's most likely because your system has expired root certificates. Consider updating your system or migrating to a newer one.

Last edited:
You are running on a seriously outdated setup. Both CentOS 6 and Plesk Onyx are way beyond EOL.

If you having trouble with SSL/TLS certificates is most likely because your system has expired root certificates. Consider updating your system or migrating to a newer one.
Thanks Rasp, I will try to update both when I find the instructions. The 'update' within Plest does not do it

Back