• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

how to clean error_log in the rules ? and how to configue logging options ?

NaSOnWeb

Basic Pleskian
hello
I have a big issue with error_log file

root@*****:~# du -sh /var/www/vhosts/*****.com/logs
1,2T /var/www/vhosts/*****.com/logs

wahou ! OMG ! my server is almost full...
________
So, my question are ...
how can I safely delete this file ?
can I remove it directly ? should i stop apache first ?
can I delete it by plesk administration ? I see it in log files of my domain but i can't check the checkbox to delete it.

what is the safe way ?

and second quesiton...
i've mad a tail on this file and i have a billion of
Undefined variable: _SESSION in /var/www/vhosts/****.com/httpdocs/****.php on line 47
and other for each not declared var in my php code...
so

how can I configure apache to not log this notices ? I want the real errors loged but not all this notices.

thanks a lot for your help

can I change in plesk panel in my domain php settings > Additional directives.

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT & ~E_DEPRECATED

is it a right syntax ?
must I remove the error_log file first to save my space or apache will erase it if i chnage this parameter in plesk ?
thanks

First of all - have you checked that your logrotation works fine?
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT & ~E_DEPRECATED

is it a right syntax ?
Looks correct. You can always test and check it at least.

hello and thanks for your reply.
where can i see my logrotation config ?
It seems to be an issue with it ... cause i guess a 1.2Tb logfile is not normal, no ?

what is the best way to remove or clear the error_lor file ?
must I stop apache, remove the file and restart apache ? will apache recreate it ? can I remove this file with apache in use ?
must I empty the file (but nor remove it ? )

thanks

hello
here is my config for logrotate.
all is enabled but nothing seems to happens
thanks

Attachments

• Plesk_12.0.18_-_2016-02-03_18.38.45.png
    Plesk_12.0.18_-_2016-02-03_18.38.45.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 14
Try to check that this huge log will be rotated with running following command:

# /usr/local/psa/logrotate/sbin/logrotate /usr/local/psa/etc/logrotate.d/domain.com -s /usr/local/psa/var/logrotate.status

ok. i will try. but my server is 84% full ... i'm affraid that running logrotate will full the disk and crash the server :(
thnaks

ok. i will try. but my server is 84% full ... i'm affraid that running logrotate will full the disk and crash the server :(
thnaks
This command will rotate logs only for particular domain and will not affect other domains.

ok understand. but this specific domain has the 1.2Tb error_log file. (the reason of my stress)

is it a good idea to clear the file with this kind of command ? (with apache in use)
Code:
echo > /var/www/vhosts/xxxxx.com/logs/error_log

Yes, you can. But interesting question is why logrotation for this logs didn't work?

hello
i've tested the comand line
/usr/local/psa/logrotate/sbin/logrotate /usr/local/psa/etc/logrotate.d/my-real-domain.com -s /usr/local/psa/var/logrotate.status

but the file "my-real-domain.com" does not exist (and effectively i can't found the file in the folder)

I will set up the logrotate to daily in plesk in the config page of my domain to see if tomorrow the file is processed

thanks

yes of course ;) i did it with my domain name... (we can say aaaa.com)
but in directory /usr/local/psa/etc/logrotate.d/ i can see files for a lot of my domains (bbb.com, ccc.com ...) but not the primary one (aaa.com).

this server has a specific config for my domains.
Indeed, they share the same root directory on my server (It's a home made multisite CMS, I display the good website function of the called domain). I don't know if it can have an effect.

The problematic error_log file is for the primary domain (the first one I create).

so yesterday night i've changed the logrotate config to daily on aaa.com plesk config but this morning, nothing has changed... I do not know what time it is supposed to be scheduled.
I can wait until tomorrow to see.

Just two questions
can I check if the process is in progress ?
and where can I find the logrotate config file for aaa.com ?

thanks

so ... l've stopped apache via ssh and cleared the file
Code:
echo > /var/www/vhosts/xxxxx.com/logs/error_log
and restarted apache ...
all is working now but i don't know why logrotate did not work

What is result of command which was provided by me above? Could you please show me full output?

Back