• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to correctly enable HSTS with Plesk?

King555

Regular Pleskian
I'm using Plesk Onyx 17.5 with Apache (no nginx) under Debian 8 x64. Recently I edited the .htaccess files of all my websites to force HTTPS. Then I heard about HSTS and wanted to enable this. I found this article: How to enable HTTP Strict-Transport-Security (HSTS) for a domain on the Plesk server?

I have two questions:

1.) According to the corresponding RFC, the HSTS header should never be sent via HTTP, only via HTTPS. But how can I achieve this with Plesk? When I add the header as described in the article, the header is always sent. Can I use the textbox at the bottom?

2.) This is only partially related to Plesk. The recommendation is to redirect to HTTPS first and then do other redirects like adding www. to the domain. When enabling the two options in Plesk to redirect to www and HTTPS, there is only one redirect, so I have to use the htaccess file (as I always did).

Doing two redirects is not the problem, but what if the user already uses the www version of my domain? Should I redirect him always to the top domain and then add www? And what if he already uses HTTPS, then also redirect to the top domain?

Last edited:
Hello

1. to auto redirect to https use this:
a. Imgur
and this
b. Imgur

2. prefer use this https:// DOMAIN .com
anothers domains always redirect to the "main"

Thanks, but I'm afraid this does not answer my questions.

Concerning 1.) When I enable this option, is the header I entered in Plesk (as described in my posting) then only sent via HTTPS? I don't think so.

Concerning 2.) What do you mean? That I should not use the www subdomain at all?

Thanks, but I'm afraid this does not answer my questions.

Concerning 1.) When I enable this option, is the header I entered in Plesk (as described in my posting) then only sent via HTTPS? I don't think so.

Concerning 2.) What do you mean? That I should not use the www subdomain at all?

IF you need turn on more SSL options you can try use:
  • Strict-Transport-Security
  • Content-Security-Policy
  • X-Frame-Options
  • X-XSS-Protection
  • X-Content-Type-Options
  • Referrer-Policy
These options its easy enable on wordpress ex. Or use the header HTML/PHP file to enable

the 2 is;

If you have this domain BRINSLEY. COM.BR and in:

Websites & Domains > Hosting Settings

And set the domain no have preference with www or without www. Just set the all redir to the SSL domain and thats all. put www its no more imperative to use.
just type WWW.domain .com and no have any issues if with o without www. its the same address...

Back