• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to create a custom application template

Ross_Fisher

New Pleskian
Greetings!

I love the Plesk Applications Installer however I wish to create my own WordPress template (with preinstalled plugins/themes) for my customers.

Is there an easy way to do this (or anyway to do this)?

Hi Ross,

Technically, you can create your own WordPress package with any preinstalled plugins/themes:

1. Read APS 1.x packaging standard documentation to learn how to package WordPress with plugins/themes as an APS 1.2 app: http://doc.apsstandard.org/2.1/legacy/
2. Upload the resulting WordPress package into Application Vault on every Plesk server.
3. Repeat steps 1-2 every time WordPress or plugins/themes are updated.

The process is complex and time-consuming, so I wouldn't suggest doing it, frankly.

We are considering adding the ability to create plugin/theme packages (or "Favorites") for WordPress Toolkit. Do you think it can this solve your problem, Ross?

That would be nice! I know of some providers who optimize WordPress specifically for their platform and I am trying to do the same with specific plugins that are preinstalled or easily installed.

Customers having the ability to read a support article or welcome email and one-click-install recommended plugins would be excellent, or even have per package sets that are auto installed.

KISS as always :D

We are considering adding the ability to create plugin/theme packages (or "Favorites") for WordPress Toolkit. Do you think it can this solve your problem, Ross?

It would be very cool to have a wordpress theme/plugin repository.

Back