• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to create a Sitebuilder 4.5 site with Plesk 10.x?

NeuroPsyche

Regular Pleskian
I installed Plesk 10.x and my now my users cannot log in to Sitebuilder 4.5 using :2006

They cannot access their site with Sitebuilder 4.5

They have access to the Control Panel and thus have access to Sitebuilder 5 but their site did not port over. I know the Sitebuilder 4.5 sites have to be manually ported over to Sitebuilder 5 but there are no modules in Sitebuilder 5 such as forum, blog, etc.

Does anyone know how to create a new site in Sitebuilder 4.5 if Plesk 10 is installed?

We have created 'Customer' in Plesk 10. But the 'Legacy' Sitebuilder 4.5 function is not showing.

Please, if anyone has a work around to this post it. I'm sure that we're all having complaints from our customers on this. I need to have a work-around or purchase a Plesk 9 license again. I converted all our license keys to Plesk 10 not knowing of the missing functions. I thought that if Plesk 10 was released it would have at least met a 1:1 functionality to Plesk 9. I never thought we'd loose capabilities and functionality. Most often on an upgrade, especially on that was so important, we would have gained functions.

Dear Igor,

Again, I'm going to suggest that the Sitebuilder 4.5.x modules be wrote/coded to work with Sitebuilder 5.

On all the Miami Summit presentations Parallels shows that the sites can be done with the new Sitebuilder 5. This isn't true since there is no full work-around or solution to be able to migrate, even if done manually, sites created/existing in Sitebuilder 4.5.x because none of the modules in this version are available in Sitebuilder 5.

Also, in watching all the videos of last years Parallel Miami Summit it shows how nice Sitebuilder 5 works. It does work nicely, and is stable, but again, if you watch the videos it mentions about writing the Sitebuilder 4.5 sites for v.5. This can't be done because there is no full solution to replace the much needed modules of v.4.5.x.

Also, now that Plesk 10.1.1 was released there is a new issue which shut down my access to the CP through https://localhost:8443 or even through web access, the Plesk CP Admin cannot be accessed. I get error: The file index.php is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment.

It seems as if there just is not enough testing on these releases.

Please understand that many users/operators of Parallels Plesk use the CP as a business. How can a business run and keep consumers if they keep getting less and less functionality while prices keep going up and up. It is so imporatant that we get more ability in Sitebuilder 5.... as well as stability in releases.

Back