1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How to create cgi-local?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by myplanet, Jun 21, 2006.

1. myplanet

myplanet Guest

Hello,

I've tried Google but cannot find an answer. I need to run a perl script within a password protected directory. How can I create a subdirectory cgi-local with the appropriate permissions to run this?

I'm a newbie, but comfortable with FTP or working via SSH.

Cheers, Jason

2. myplanet

myplanet Guest

Is it not possible?

3. mikk

mikk Basic Pleskian

73%
    plesk8 allows you to easily password protect a directory in the cgi-bin, so really unsure as to what your query really is.

4. myplanet

myplanet Guest

We have a directory already secured with a wide variety of username/password. This is managed by a php script and is located under httpdocs.

I have a cgi-script that needs to be run under this directory (so it is protected by the same set of username/password).

If I locate it under the CGI bin, the original php script cannot secure two directories at once, so it wont work.