• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to create multiple domain name for the same website

thank you for your reply!

i think i've got it know! an i'll try it again later with another domain!

my idea is not to bypass anything! if plesk would give the possibilty to configure domain- and mail forwardings in an easier way, i would use it! have a look at i.e. confixx... everything very easy to manage!

but it can't be, that you have to create for each domain an own account - you'll lose control of all, i think, no?

overwriting...? - plesk does not know the domain domain2.net, which isn't created in plesk - so i think nothing will happen with the configs in /var/qmail for this domain, isn't it?

Originally posted by xtended
thank you for your reply!

i think i've got it know! an i'll try it again later with another domain!

my idea is not to bypass anything! if plesk would give the possibilty to configure domain- and mail forwardings in an easier way, i would use it! have a look at i.e. confixx... everything very easy to manage!

Yes, it would be nice, but until then we either do it manually or purchase 4PSA's Total Domains, which does Domain 'Parking' properly (web and email)

but it can't be, that you have to create for each domain an own account - you'll lose control of all, i think, no?

Not sure what you mean by 'lose control of all'. It is your choice to either create the domain in Plesk or not. If you manually edit the files, and then due to some other domain's changes in Plesk, any of the files get over written, then you'll have to re-edit the files, and it does happen.

overwriting...? - plesk does not know the domain domain2.net, which isn't created in plesk - so i think nothing will happen with the configs in /var/qmail for this domain, isn't it?

Because the domains are not created in Plesk is the reason that your manual changes could be over written. Sometimes the files get re-written strictly from the Plesk database entries. Programmers do not always parse an existing file, sometimes they take shortcuts and rewrite the file from scratch using database entries. Do you see the possible risk now? You can 'think' all you want. Others have been using Plesk for many versions and we have seen this happen. It is entirely your choice. Best of luck. Keep backups of all the files both before you edit them, and also after you edit them. Having backup copies will save you time when something gets over written!

ooops.. know i'm really wired and confused and all of that...

i've bought 4PSA TOTAL DOMAINS for this reason.. but i can only forward domains, will say web-traffic....?!?

how can i forward e-mails in 4PSA TOTAL DOMAINS?

In 4PSA Total Domains, when you PARK a domain, you are doing what Plesk calls 'Forwarding' PLUS it also automatically does all these manual changes to Qmail to handle the email forwarding to the main domain.

Silly guy, all you have to do is use Total Domains PARKING and it does both the web and email!

You really should read the manuals for the software you buy or use.... It really would save you time as well as us others who try to help....

okay... i see...*shame on me*... but...:

if i configure a parked domain with 4PSA TOTAL DOMAINS my /vhost.conf gets overwritten by 4PSA, but i need this file for other configs like open_basedir restrictions and so on.

what do you recommend?

According to the 4PSA docs, you would put your own config items into a separate file called:

vhost_in.conf or vhost_ssl_in.conf

Then when you make changes to these 'included' files (that's what the _in stands for), you have to then run the 4PSA reconfig utility:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/pdomain domainname.com

There utility will then incorporate your changes into the normal vhost.conf or vhost_ssl.conf file(s).... :)

how can i point a second domain to a different subfolder?

e.g.:

example1.com =>
example1.com/httpdocs/index.html

example2.com =>
example1.com/httpdocs/folder2/index.html

You know, I really hate seeing people post the same thing in multiple threads/posts. It gets irritating and confusing when people try to respond. You are definitely making a habit of it....

Hard to believe Plesk is missing such basic features confixx, of course, offered for years?! Why should someone use Plesk and do such routines by hand? Can't belive it... should have stand with confixx :(

PLESK - Basic functions missing! VHOST

Originally posted by patx
Hard to believe Plesk is missing such basic features confixx, of course, offered for years?! Why should someone use Plesk and do such routines by hand? Can't belive it... should have stand with confixx :(
I second that!!
During the holidays i have sidegraded towards Plesk 7.5 from Confixx 3.x because i've read about end of life for the Confixx-product. Also new server packages are now mostly sold with Plesk 7.5 on board.
So sooner or later one has to get aquainted to Plesk or die ;).
But i was a little bit disappointed, 'cause especially the VIRTUAL HOST - VHOST useability of Plesk sucks like hell. What a pleasure to add about 40 different domains with individual webspace and features using Confixx. Sad to say, some other things sucks in Confixx as well.

Why isn't it possible for the skilled proggers to add ASAP a kewl VHOST module, that rocks?

Back