• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to customize .htaccess on publish website?

E

eakky

I'm install sitebuider on my Plesk 8.2 (linux) server. It's have conflict about charset between Plesk and SB.

Default charset on Plesk is TIS620(php.ini) but SB need to be UTF-8 when I publish website it's have problem with charset, I need to change encode to UTF-8 everytime I open website.

Anyway I try to add php_value (php_value default_charset UTF-8) on existed .htaccess, it works.

So, How I can customize .htaccess to add charset or How can I ask plesk to send me a patch that's have chatset setting.

Thank you,
Eak

As I understand you wish to add your own directives into .htaccess file which is uploaded during publication process into site's directory. In current version it is re-written each time when site is published. As I know in new 4.1 release which should be available in about 5-6 days this procedure is changed in following way:
If .htaccess is on published side already, publication method checks if this file contains necessary strings. If there is no required string, it will be added, if it is already there, nothing will be done.
If there is no .htaccess file on published side it will be uploaded there.

As for Plesk default char set, where did you get this strange TIS620 encoding? By default it is commented in php.ini file for Plesk and contains standard iso-8859-1:

/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini:; the Content-type: header. To disable sending of the charset, simply
/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini:;default_charset = "iso-8859-1"

Yes, .htaccess file will recreate everytime when publish website
and .htaccess content will be like this

php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off
php_flag magic_quotes_runtime off
php_value mbstring.func_overload 4

I want SB add one line of encoding setting to .htaccess

php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off
php_flag magic_quotes_runtime off
php_value mbstring.func_overload 4
php_value default_charset UTF-8

Thank you for your support.

Eak

In new version .htaccess file could be customized as you need. So you could add "php_value default_charset UTF-8" string also. This should be done one time for all sites.

Dear Dmitry,

How long SB4.1 will be released?

Thank you,
Eak

As I know new version should be released within next few days. I guess, we should expect it in the beginning of the next week.

Back