• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue How to disable Mail Queue in Plesk?

volkanb

New Pleskian
Hello,

all my outgoing mails are getting catched by the Queue of my Mailserver, which is shown in Plesk Tools & Settings. I do not want them catched so how can I disable it?

My Mails are DKIM signed and SPF pass. My Mailserver is Postfix.

Thank you :)

Hello,

all my outgoing mails are getting catched by the Queue of my Mailserver, which is shown in Plesk Tools & Settings. I do not want them catched so how can I disable it?

My Mails are DKIM signed and SPF pass. My Mailserver is Postfix.

Thank you :)
I don't exactly understand what you say about "mails are getting catched".... If an mail appear in queue mail, it's because postfix have not been able to delivery it yet... nothing to solve in this case, just an normal work of postfix...

Yeah but the outgoing mails of my website stay there for 5 days or more. These are welcome mails of my website for example. I do not want to say welcome after 5 days of registration.

Ok I changed the lifetime value to 0. I hope that helps.

Thank you sebgonzes :)
0 is a quite bad, sometime better put 5h for example, here the postfix doc that explain better the limit : Postfix Configuration Parameters

maximal_queue_lifetime (default: 5d)
Consider a message as undeliverable, when delivery fails with a temporary error, and the time in the queue has reached the maximal_queue_lifetime limit.
Time units: s (seconds), m (minutes), h (hours), d (days), w (weeks). The default time unit is d (days).
Specify 0 when mail delivery should be tried only once.

Ok I changed it to 5h. So why is postfix not able to send them immediately?

Plesk Repair Kit says everything fine with my webserver. My Mails are signed. I dont know what the issue could be.

Maybe your server's port 25 is blocked from outside.
For instance if you use Amazon EC2 machines .

By having in your Mail Queue 5 days old emails mean that you need to check the maillog and see what is there . why the emails was not delivered.

Ok I changed it to 5h. So why is postfix not able to send them immediately?

Plesk Repair Kit says everything fine with my webserver. My Mails are signed. I dont know what the issue could be.
But you have problem with ALL emails? No mails go out of your server?

Ok I hope I found the problem. The DNS-Reverse in my hoster was not configured and has shown to another domainname.

Back