• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to disable TLS and IMAP?

L

lizard

I'm a little disappointed with plesk as it isn't much help in configuring a server primariliy to be used for email. My default installation seems to have TLS enabled with a generic certificate. So my users will always get an error that the cert is suspect. For that reason, I'd just like to disable the TLS altogether and use CRAM-MD5 (and disallow plain text passing of passwords), but doing this isn't all that straight forward.

I've been working with the settings in /usr/lib/courier-imap/etc for days now to no avail. I'd also like to disable IMAP as I want to only make POP available to my users. This is an area where plesk could use some very serious work. Does anyone have straight forward instructions to accomplish this? I would very much appreciate your time and effort in sharing.

To disable imap, simply edit the /etc/init.d/courier-imap script to start only popd. This is also the solution for *-ssl.

Back