• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

how to downgrade restore from 10.3 to 10.2

hypa

New Pleskian
hi

i recently upgraded from 10.2 to 10.3 unfortunately it doesn't work so i want to downgrade / restore back to 10.2

i noticed when upgrading backup was made

please advise if there is utility / cmd lines to do this as can't access plesk control panel at all now

cheers

windows server 2003 sp2

I have too have had issues with upgrading from 10.2 to 10.3 I can't access the Plesk Panel (get service unavailable - I suspect it has to do with changes in PHP settings in the IIS site). Don't know what I'm going to do now....

more info regarding my issues and possible fixes in my other post here:

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=111958

i actually managed to fix the particular problem i had...

after a week of stressing, trying various fixes, no support and workarounds that didn't work ....

My specifically particular issue was resolved by changing one little setting in the registry!!

i was able to access the 10.3 Control panel by changing PHP Handler Type in the registry from fastcgi to isapi

i used this as reference (but it's other way round to below):

[USE AT YOUR OWN RISK]

Switching PHP Handler Type to FastCGI

By default, in IIS Plesk Control Panel uses ISAPI to run PHP applications. You can also use CGI or FastCGI. For better performance it is recommended to switch the PHP handler type in IIS to FastCGI. The type of PHP handler is defined by the "PLESKCP_PHP_MODE" value of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PLESK\PSA Config\Config key of Windows registry (isapi, cgi, or fastcgi).

After that you need to run Plesk reconfigurator as below

http://medusa.ozservers.com.au/para...nistration-guide/index.htm?fileName=57835.htm

Donations Welcome - PM me

Last edited:
Hi there,
I too have this problem. It looks like Parallels didn't test 10.3 properly before releasing it as this is a fairly major bug! I tried what you mentioned Hypa and it started getting a little further IE the login screen came up and part of the main screen did too. Maybe it needs to be changed to ISAPI in some other place for the main Plesk panel? I have reported this as a bug to:
[email protected]

Attachments

• fastcgi.png
    fastcgi.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 10
  • isapi-loggedin.png
    isapi-loggedin.png
    129.5 KB · Views: 7
  • isapi-login.png
    isapi-login.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 6
  • registry.png
    registry.png
    123.4 KB · Views: 6
Hmm that's interesting. While I don't use IIS7 I followed it as best I could. Found one of the filters which didn't have "NETWORK SERVICE" read & execute but after enabling it nothing really changed. Should I try full control for psadm and pscln?

Here is the Answer from Parallels BTW (I sent them the file, waiting to hear back):

Could you please send to us zip archive with autoinstaller3.log ?
Autoinstaller log located in randomly generated folder in the root of system drive, for example: C:\26766e4a3e7c9ed49856c1f1165bfeec\autoinstaller3.log

Pavel Vasilevich
II Parallels Plesk Panels

Hey guys,
OK problems sorted. Heard back from Parralels. Seems that they switched to fastCGI and my system wasn't setup with FastCGI Here's the exact response:

For some reasons, your configuration of IIS was broken. FastCGI handler was installed, but was not enabled in IIS. I have added FastCGI Hanlder restriction (it should be already added by fastcgi installer before).
mw9jdw.png

Starting from 10.3 Plesk site itself switched from ISAPI to FastCGI. This occurred because official support of ISAPI module for PHP 5.3 has been dropped:

http://au2.php.net/manual/en/migration53.windows.php
Support for the ISAPI module has been dropped. Use the improved FastCGI SAPI module instead.

So, after upgrade you have broken Plesk website because of broken configuration of FastCGI. But then, when you have tried to fix the problem, you have changed something in configuration of Plesk website and some virtual directories were dropped.

I have performed the following calls to fix this issue:

cd %plesk_bin%
websrvmng.exe --add-panel-virtual-dir --vdir-name="smb" --physical-path="C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\smb\application\public"
websrvmng.exe --add-panel-virtual-dir --vdir-name="admin" --physical-path="C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\panel\application\public"
websrvmng.exe --add-panel-virtual-dir --vdir-name="skins/branding" --physical-path="C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\var\branding\panel\skins"
websrvmng.exe --add-panel-virtual-dir --vdir-name="sitebuilder" --physical-path="C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\sb\htdocs"
websrvmng.exe --add-panel-virtual-dir --vdir-name="sitebuilder/sites" --physical-path="C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\sb\htdocs\sites"
websrvmng.exe --add-panel-virtual-dir --vdir-name="sitebuilder/skins/branding" --physical-path="C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\var\branding\sb\skins"

Please note, that these commands are internal and provided to you only for information. They can be changed in the following release, you should not rely on them.

Now your Plesk is working.

p.s. As I see, you have some customer sites with PHP enabled as fastcgi. It looks like they were broken too. Now they should be working too. It will be good to understand how you removed FastCGI handler from IIS?

Thank you for feedback. We will fix 2 issues in the following releases:
1) registration of FastCGI handler in IIS
2) add checks for absent virtual directories on Plesk site in reconfigurator.

Back