1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

how to downgrade restore from 10.3 to 10.2

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Windows Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by hypa, Jul 16, 2011.

1. hypa

hypa New Pleskian

85%
    hi

i recently upgraded from 10.2 to 10.3 unfortunately it doesn't work so i want to downgrade / restore back to 10.2

i noticed when upgrading backup was made

please advise if there is utility / cmd lines to do this as can't access plesk control panel at all now

cheers

windows server 2003 sp2

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Plesk downgrade is impossible.

3. Jonathan Spence

Jonathan Spence Guest

I have too have had issues with upgrading from 10.2 to 10.3 I can't access the Plesk Panel (get service unavailable - I suspect it has to do with changes in PHP settings in the IIS site). Don't know what I'm going to do now....

4. hypa

hypa New Pleskian

85%
    more info regarding my issues and possible fixes in my other post here:

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=111958

i actually managed to fix the particular problem i had...

after a week of stressing, trying various fixes, no support and workarounds that didn't work ....

My specifically particular issue was resolved by changing one little setting in the registry!!

i was able to access the 10.3 Control panel by changing PHP Handler Type in the registry from fastcgi to isapi

i used this as reference (but it's other way round to below):

[USE AT YOUR OWN RISK]

After that you need to run Plesk reconfigurator as below

http://medusa.ozservers.com.au/para...nistration-guide/index.htm?fileName=57835.htm

Donations Welcome - PM me

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  5. Jonathan Spence

Jonathan Spence Guest

Hi there,
    I too have this problem. It looks like Parallels didn't test 10.3 properly before releasing it as this is a fairly major bug! I tried what you mentioned Hypa and it started getting a little further IE the login screen came up and part of the main screen did too. Maybe it needs to be changed to ISAPI in some other place for the main Plesk panel? I have reported this as a bug to:
    bugreport@parallels.com

Attached Files:

6. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
  7. Jonathan Spence

Jonathan Spence Guest

Hmm that's interesting. While I don't use IIS7 I followed it as best I could. Found one of the filters which didn't have "NETWORK SERVICE" read & execute but after enabling it nothing really changed. Should I try full control for psadm and pscln?

Here is the Answer from Parallels BTW (I sent them the file, waiting to hear back):

Could you please send to us zip archive with autoinstaller3.log ?
    Autoinstaller log located in randomly generated folder in the root of system drive, for example: C:\26766e4a3e7c9ed49856c1f1165bfeec\autoinstaller3.log

Pavel Vasilevich
    II Parallels Plesk Panels

8. Jonathan Spence

Jonathan Spence Guest

Hey guys,
    OK problems sorted. Heard back from Parralels. Seems that they switched to fastCGI and my system wasn't setup with FastCGI Here's the exact response: