• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to download backup of WordPress site

DigitalSplendid

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.46_build1800220920.14 os_Ubuntu 20.04
Recently, I sold a website built with WordPress (hosted on AWS Lightsail, Plesk Web admin edition). I need to transfer backup file. Not sure if this done from Backup Manager. While one backup (Oct 1) under System Notes:
Part of server backup,

others:
Part of server backup. Incremental.

Help appreciated as I need to transfer the entire website to buyer in one zip file.

Attachments

• Untitled design (4).pdf
    173.8 KB · Views: 1
You cannot use a Plesk backup, neither Plesk Migrator to migrate a website to an environment that does not offer Plesk.

Instead, there are two ways to do such a migration:
1) Manually
2) With a plugin

1) Manually
Source: Disable Wordpress caching and security plugins if present.
Source: Create a ZIP or TAR archive of the document root directory of the website and download it.
Source: Dump the SQL database that contains the Wordpress installation. It is the database that is mentioned in the wp-config.php-file of your Wordpress.
Target: Upload the archive to your new server and unzip/untar the archive so that all files and subdirectories are in the correct document root.
Target: Create a database and import your dump.
Target: Change the database access credentials in wp-config.php so that they match the new database.
Target: Route the domain to the new server, login to Wordpress and reinstall caching and security plugins.

2) With a plugin
Source: Install a suitable plugin like "Duplicator" by Snap Creek (there are several others, too) and create a Duplicator archive and installation with it. Download both.
Target: Create a database.
Target: Upload the Duplicator archive and installer to the document root directory of your new server.
Target: Run the installer through your browser.

Back