• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to "enable parent paths" globally

E

eder

Hello everybody!

I have a Virtual Dedicated server at godaddy running Plesk 8.3 for Windows.
The purpose of this server is to host a website that will be deployed to hundreds of clients, each one in its own hosting account.

So I changed the "skeleton" to be the entire framework I use to deploy these websites.
So when I create a new domain, the skeleton is already there.
I need to automatically enable parent paths for all accounts created. Is it possible?

Would also be a time saving feature if I could assing permissions to the skeleton and have them applied to all accounts, or have it done in another way, as long as the permissions get granted automatically at account creation time

Any help will be enormously appreciated.

Thanks

Eder Wainer

Sorry for this enormous thread necro, but when searching on Google this was one of the first results before I gave up and started looking at the Plesk executables instead, in case this helps anyone else...

This command in PowerShell/CMD will do the job and can be replicated for many domains in a large paste or batch file:

When inside "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin>"

.\virtdir --update / -parent_paths true -vhost domainname

It should also be possible to use the Plesk Event Handler to run this command automatically on a domain after creation if needed as per the OP.

This was actually for someone running a Server 2012R2 system with Plesk 12, who has a lot of old asp sites that use this, hopefully one day soon they will update their stuff to use include virtual instead.

Back