• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

how to fix backup manager, errror: Unable get daemon current status

amit290

Basic Pleskian
I couldnt find an answer to why I kept getting the error message below when I went into the Backup manager within a client or domain area.

Unable get daemon current status: Unable to create UNIX socket /usr/local/psa/tmp/agent-runner.38023: Connection refused
(agent runner number might be different on yours)
I had a dig around my system and found that clearing out the "BackupsRunning" table within the "PSA" database fixed the problem. I can now access the backup manager for that site. I dont know if this is the best fix, but it worked for me.

Hope it helps someone else,

Any problems with your PSA yet after making the adjustment? I'm having the same problem after terminating a backup process..

Nope , not had any problems. Backing up fine now. Remember to login as Admin into MySQL so you can see the "PSA" database :)

This fixed the problem but it then failed at the next stage. here is the displayed error log:

Error in BackupState.doActivityRunner()
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/agent_runner/agent_runner.py", line 98, in doActivityRunner
newState = self.doActivity()
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/agent_runner/agent_runner.py", line 391, in doActivity
errtxt = runAgent(self, self.session)
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/agent_runner/agent_runner.py", line 258, in runAgent
cmd.spawn()
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/subproc.py", line 238, in spawn
proc.run()
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/subproc.py", line 193, in run
BaseSubprocess.run(self)
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/subproc.py", line 177, in run
self.wait()
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/subproc.py", line 197, in wait
BaseSubprocess.wait(self)
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/subproc.py", line 187, in wait
raise NonzeroExitException(self, os.WEXITSTATUS(status))
NonzeroExitException: was finished with exit code 1

Any ideas?

Same error, problem fixed

Your solution worked for me also. Backups working fine after removing all records from "BackupsRunning" table. Thanks. One less headache!

Did anyone find a fix for this error? I am getting the same error

I have the same problem with "Unable get daemon current status: Unable to create UNIX socket /usr/local/psa/tmp/agent-runner.38023: Connection refused"

Unfortunately my knowledge in administering mysql from prompt is limited. Could someone explain how to clear the "BackupsRunning" table?

/Thomas

Back