• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to force NGINX to use PHP 5.6

P_heck

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

System: Debian Wheezy, Plesk 12.0.18 MU59

Since now, I have used Apache FastCGI and own compiled version of PHP 5.6 (So I can choose in the hosting section between the standard Wheezy 5.4.41 and 5.6).

Now I have updated to NGINX for performance reasons, but this one only uses the PHP version 5.4.41 - the 5.6 version is not listed - but registered in PLESK:

Code:
 /usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --list
      id:  display name:  full version:  version:    type:                           cgi-bin:  php-cli:                       php.ini:  custom:
    5.6.8          5.6.8          5.6.8       5.6  fastcgi  /usr/local/php566-cgi/bin/php-cgi            /usr/local/php566-cgi/php.ini     true
      cgi         5.4.41         5.4.41       5.4      cgi                  /usr/bin/php5-cgi                    /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini    false
  fastcgi         5.4.41         5.4.41       5.4  fastcgi                  /usr/bin/php5-cgi                    /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini    false
   module         5.4.41         5.4.41       5.4   module                  /usr/bin/php5-cgi                    /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini    false

Searched now for several hours, but no idea how to use PHP 5.6 with NGINX.

Anyone who could help?

Cheers Peter

As far as I see you have PHP 5.6 with fastcgi type. In Plesk 12.0 Apache can handle fastcgi with help of mod_fcgid but nginx hasn't this functionality. In upcoming Plesk 12.5 we will implement php-fpm for releasing this feature for nginx. You can try to get it on Plesk 12.5 Preview version.

Back