• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Webmail is downloading PHP file instead of showing login

bernhardh86

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
When accessing webmail.mydomain.com, I always get an instant download of the PHP file, instead of the login form of roundcube. Same goes for horde, if I switch the webmail software.

I already tried to remove and reinstall both of them. I restarted the server multiple times. I tried to `plesk repair web`. It has something to do with a not working php.

I found some similar issues (Resolved - Webmail subdomain without PHP (get download) or Resolved - webmail.domain.com downloads roundcube php file or Resolved - Webmail - PHP not working, file downloaded not executed) which all suggests to activate fastcgi, but I already activated it:

Code:
root@15:/# a2enmod fcgid
Module fcgid already enabled

As far as I see (/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/webmail/roundcube.php) the handler is `plesk-php74-fastcgi, which is active and available on lmy system.

Code:
root@15:/# plesk bin php_handler --list | grep fastcgi
        plesk-php74-fastcgi         7.4.32         7.4.32       7.4  fastcgi   /opt/plesk/php/7.4/bin/php-cgi  /opt/plesk/php/7.4/bin/php  /opt/plesk/php/7.4/etc/php.ini
    true  enabled
plesk-php80-fastcgi         8.0.25         8.0.25       8.0  fastcgi   /opt/plesk/php/8.0/bin/php-cgi  /opt/plesk/php/8.0/bin/php  /opt/plesk/php/8.0/etc/php.ini
    true  enabled
plesk-php81-fastcgi         8.1.12         8.1.12       8.1  fastcgi   /opt/plesk/php/8.1/bin/php-cgi  /opt/plesk/php/8.1/bin/php  /opt/plesk/php/8.1/etc/php.ini
true enabled

I have no idea why, but I opened the Chrome developer toolbars, tried to open webmail and now it works. So maybe some cached redirect or whatsoever.. idk. Now it works.

This can indeed only be related to non-working PHP on your server. It cannot be related to a browser cache. Maybe you did the change, but it took a few minutes for the server-side change to take effect?

Back